Agency staff can find resolutions to the most common SFS questions quickly and conveniently, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with these web-based information resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our library of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) should be your first stop when looking for answers to SFS questions.
When knowledge is needed about specific SFS processes and functionality, our Training resources provide information depth and breadth. Among the available Training resources are:
Guides and Manuals
SFS and our control agencies, OSC and DOB, publish a variety of guides and manuals to guide you as you conduct your agency's financial business. Refer to our Guides and Manuals section for links to these resources.
Other Self-Help Resources
Helpful information is available throughtout the SFS website. Following are several informative resources:
- Vendor Support Fact Sheet: A one-page front and back Fact Sheet to assist Agency User Support and Finance Office staff with Vendor inquiries.
- SFS User Key Resource Listing: A listing of the most sought-after SFS support and training resources.
- SFS Security Guide (Roles): The SFS Security Guide provides an overview of security in the SFS plus resources for understanding and managing roles, role assignments, and data and report access.
- MAGIC SDE Guide to Updating Incident Status: Walks MAGIC Service Desk Express (SDE) Agency Self-Service users through the process of adding new information to a MAGIC incident.
- MAGIC Self-Service Training Presentation: Self-guided training for Tier 1 User Support providers and Agency Administrators, using the MAGIC Self-Service tool, to track and support resolving Help Desk incidents for end users.
- Manager / Supervisor Toolkit: The Manager/Supervisor Toolkit provides information and practical exercises that can be used to help staff members adjust to and accept the transition to the SFS.
- Service Level Agreements: SFS instituted Service Level Agreements for resolution of agency incidents; includes priority levels, acknowledgement timeframe, expected turnaround timeframe and examples of issues / requests.
- Troubleshooting Guides: Provide troubleshooting support for typical issues encountered by Agency Administrators (Credit Card Administrator, Employee Data Administrator and Workflow Administrator).
- Listing of Type A Agencies: Agencies providing Tier 1 Support to their SFS users. Type A Agency User Support Liaisons' contact information is located in the User Support contact database (Step 3).
- User Support Reference Guides: Collections of contacts, resources, tools and tips, all hyperlinked to materials on the SFS website for users at Type A Agencies and Type B Agencies.
- User Support Scripts: Customizable SFS-related User Support scripts for use by Type A Agency and Type B Agency User support networks and / or Agency Help Desks.
- List of Phase 1 and Future Phase Agencies
Can't Find Answers Yourself or Want More Personalized Help
If you can't find the answers you want by consulting the resources above, click here to learn more about the personalized support available from SFS.